Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Flyboys was a really interesting movie

I really can't say that I loved Flyboys but I sure did not hate it. Far from it, I really liked this movie.
It had a wonderful feeling to it that really needs to be seen. This is what I mean by interesting.
I had no idea thatthis story even existed and I find it very ... well interesting.
Did you know that our boys went to France to help them out with the World War I before President Truman authorized it.
We went over there to lend a helping hand before Truman even entered the war.
That is nice to know. Since we really haven't had the best relationship with France, its good to know that men decided to do what was right before they were told to do so.
I heard that the idea was floating out there and that the producers were more interested in making the movie right rather then letting Hollywood toy with it. So they went ahead and did it on their own. Sound familiar.
James Franco is such an amazing actor but for some reason I just think he's at his best in the Harry Osborn role in Spiderman. I believe its Sam Raimi's direction and his true talent than anything else. Having said that, He's good here and very charming as the love torn fighter pilot in love with the poor French girl.
The French actors had our guys hands down and their acting was much more believable, but our boys did one hell of a job. And it was nice to see the brother from Invasion doing other things.
Did I think this movie was worth the 7 bucks I paid for it...sure. If for anything, support creators who want to do something outside the normal. Who want to try something different.
Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home