Sunday, July 30, 2006

Double whammy part 2---Miami Vice and Lady in the Water

I heard mixed reviews about Lady in the Water and I knew it was gonna be hit or miss.
Well right off the bat it was a hit with me.
I really liked this movie and the whole feel of it.
The story is really neat and it makes me wanna look up all the mythical characters to see where and what they are. I felt like looking up the info and that's a great trick a really good movie fools you into.
Think about it. When was the last time you saw a movie and wanted to look up the material comprising the plot.
I don't want to give too much of the plot but the characters really intrigued me.
So guess what I'll be doing in the weeks to come. Probably at work when I'm bored. :)
Miami never looked so bleak than in Michael Mann's retooled look at his 80's hit Miami Vice.
I liked the movie but I guess since I grew up in the Vice era I guess I wanted to relive a bit of that.
As some of you might know, I just moved from Miami so I found myself looking for certain locations that looked familiar. There were many scenes where that actually happened.
I kept looking for my old job which was in the downtown area but for the life of me I can't figure out why.
I didn't even like the job so why was I there searching for old locales and buildings.
And why didn't Michael show the whole South Beach area that he himself helped rebuild with this very same product.
Anyway a friend of mine who still lives in Miami says Miami is boycotting the movie cause after months of tying up traffic and such, they didn't have the common sense to show up for the premiere.
I don't know why they shunned the town but it just makes sense to do the premiere in the town your movie is based after.
Well if Sonny or Rico are ever on the west coast I'll have to ask them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home