Monday, June 05, 2006

the BrEaK Up HaD mE At HELLo

How MAny TIMes DO YoU SEe A MoiVE ANd THink HAVen"T i SEEn THis MOVIE before?
DIffERENt ACtorS But THE Same Act.
Sorry I felt like acting a bit crazy but I'm back. Thanks for sticking around.
I wanted to tell you a little story before I start the real blog. I went into the movie theatre to complain about my experience in X-Men 3 and the manager on duty tells me that I should've said something that day cause he can't do anything about it now. I said that I did complain to the usher but he was sticking to his guns and not letting me see the ending of X-Men 3 which for those who didn't read my last blog know I missed mostly the whole thing. Most importantly the very ending after the credits.
Anyway I digress....
Let me start off this little blog by saying that and following it with "I liked this movie".
Maybe it's because everyone else hated it enough to lower my expectations to the point where I could enjoy it, but none-the-less I did laugh. And isn't that what its all about.
Everyone went to see this movie expecting a cute little romance flick starring the new couple to talk about. Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston do make a cute couple and that's why this movie didn't make it. There's this scene where Vince is yelling at Jennifer and it all seemed too real for a moment; then it didn't feel like a movie and rather peering in on their lives. Well I for one do not want to know what goes on behind their doors and this movie proved that point very clearly!
I had heard from my old movie buddy Dean that the movie sucked and I read all the reviews so when my mom heard the movie started she was so excited. She's a true Vince fan and has been waiting for this movie for quite awhile. Well when I told her that I heard the movie sucked she said that she would miss it for me. Isn't that the cutest thing. Well in true cute fashion I told her that I would go see it cause I know how much she wanted to see Vince do his thing, but I warned her about the reviews. Then I told her " lets go see it and make up our own minds." What a concept huh! Thinking for yourself and a bit of sacrifice for the one you love. Hey that's what this movie is trying to say. Isn't it nice to know that my mom and I already knew that beforehand.
This is all more clear by the fact that today is also my birthday and she was willing to miss this for me on my birthday. Well I'm glad I changed my mind cause I truly enjoyed this mess and I actually laughed at many scenes.
It all comes full circle by the fact that I went to get my birthday gifts for myself (comics at the local comic book store located in the mall) and when I got back I just walked right in. Free movie no thanks to the young punk who was pretending to be the manager that day. :) my mom had my ticket with her so I just walked in thinking she had the ticket ripped when in fact she didn't. Nice trick that works sometimes like when the manager was supposed to be kind enough to let you in for real and fate stepped in for him.
So I got to see the end of X-Men 3 after all and I was happy and my mom saw Vince and she was happy and we got to laugh a bit so everyone is happy. :)
CASE CLOSED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home