Monday, April 24, 2006

Don't make a Silent Hill out of a molehill


There were some truly frightening moments in this movie that had me on the edge of my seat. I wasn't expecting that so it was a treat to have had it done but besides that I really think this is more of a blockbuster night.
Here's why.
I saw this movie for free cause A.) I was with Dean and B.) I knew the manager.
So I fear that I liked this movie only cause it was free and if I had payed then maybe it wouldn't have been so nice. But then again maybe I'm being a bit too hard on this film.
I have to admit its very confusing and very gory for a "cheesy" flick. There were moments in this movie that were put there only to freak you out and make you squirm. And daddy likes that. ;) I only wish that it wasn't so full of itself. It left way too many holes and the main plot line wasn't truly conceived.
For instance... the female cop in the movie was either a dream or a ghost or was she? Did she exist or was she a part of the whole ghost town thing.
Anyway I don't want to give too much away but suffice to say that you will leave the theatre a bit perplexed is a guarantee. Or maybe I'm just slow and can't figure out what right there in front of my face. Cause I feel like I got it but I'm not positive. You know what I mean?
Anywho I am digressing. Just go see the movie just don't go during Primetime. Save your money and see a matinee or make it a Blockbuster night. And considering this is a little bit on the scary side then rent this puppy and watch it at night with the lights off.
BOO!
Hey it just occurred to me that the camera shots in this movie were great. There were scenes where the camera was like miles high above the scene which made it look very cool and scary. very nicely done.
All in all I liked this movie so if you want to just have a fun time out they by all means go see this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home