Monday, April 24, 2006

American NightmareZ with a ZZZZZ.....

Am I awake yet?
Wow I feel like my Lucky Streak not only ended but was wiped off the face of the planet!
Case in point. The new movie American Dreamz is suppose to be a spoof of American Idol with a satire thrown in about the President and his cabinet. Well from the first couple of seconds I knew I was in trouble. You see Hugh Grant reading about his rating being through the roof and his girlfriend breaking up with him. So of course he turns it around ala Simon Cowell and off we go.
My main problem with this movie is not the terrible plot and the totally nonexistent "feel" but the absence of any true singing. We see Mandy Moore sing a few notes and the Jewish guy Seth Meyers is pretty good as is Omer played by Sam Golzari who Omer-ized everyone. He's also the Iraqi soldier who keeps screwing up so his cousin sends hi,m to live with his rich parents in Orange County to save him from getting killed. Well that doesn't work out to well as President Staton played very blah like from Dennis Quaid gets thrown into being a guess judge and the Iraqi want Omer to martyr himself by blowing up himself and the Prez.
All of this was set up pretty good and even Mandy's Sally Kandoo was set up good but everything just does not blend and there is absolutely no chemistry in this movie what so ever.
The best thing I can say about this mess is that I saw it for free with a pass that I had.
But now that I think of it I just wasted a pass for nothing. :(
Well this is definitely a movie to sneak into cause I wouldn't even suggest renting this garbage.
Sorry guys but this gets my vote for Stink Bomb of the year.
Congrats to all involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home