Sunday, May 14, 2006

United 93 a great mother's day flick ;)

Happy Mom's day all.
I went to see this movie with my mom after I drove back from Ft. Myers (about 30 miles south of me) and we missed the time at about an hour too late. So we went back home, sat around the house then realized it was 7:30 and remembered that the flick started around that time. After waiting about 5 minutes for the dam film times to tell us it started at 7:40 we were flying out the door. Can't someone do something about those film time phone lines? Anyway we got there at 7:42ish and asked if the show started where the box office said we had time with trailers. after I spoke to the manager to fix my stupid movie card (I needed my points added...argg!!) we ran to the movie. Well guess what...? there were no trailers and the movie started like 5 minutes ago. I went back to the manager and asked for free passes ( I got free popcorn when she added my points on my card..yeah) then asked if I could see the rest of the movie and use the passes to see the beginning. She said es and thats how I got to watch United 93!!!!
Wow is right!
And after all that I left feeling like I needed more info. I don't think they gave me all the details or at least I didn't feel like they did. Either way I felt like it was missing something. And yes I agree with you, it was that 5 minutes at the beginning that is haunting me. But I still think you should see this film if only to remember how terrible that day was. I was thrilled when the crew and passengers acted against the terrorists and I felt that if they were going to take my life then screw that I was gonna put up one hell of a fight.
All in all I liked the movie and felt it was a nice mother's day movie that we shared together.
I love ya mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home