Saturday, May 20, 2006

Time to Crack the DaVinci Code

I will be talking about specific aspects of plot in this blog. Do Not Read if you don't want to hear plot points.
I have an interesting theory. How would you get someone to fore-go seeing a movie. Would you tell them to boycott the movie or would you tell them that the movie was boring and not to waist your time and money.
That is exactly what some critics are saying about DaVinci Code and alot of people are going to listen. And to tell the truth they will be missing out.
Listen I hear alot of people saying they want to boycott this movie for whatever reason and it just sticks in my mind..you want to boycott what? A movie you say. Well that's exactly what this is... A Movie.
Now that I got all that out of the way let me tell you what I thought about this movie. It was interesting and it kept my attention. And with all good stories it made me think afterwards. And that my friends is what the Christian community is really afraid of. How many individuals are going to see this and start to think. I did. And let me tell you what I'm thinking about. Who cares what Jesus did with his manhood. We are told that Jesus was All God and All Man. So why does it matter that he wed Mary Magdalene anyways. He was a man also right? And the point that the Holy Grail was not a cup but something entirely different was a terrific theory. The Holy Grail being the offspring of Jesus and Mary Magdalene was a powerful theory and one that made sense. I must say that recently I have have a crisis of faith and that was after I read the Bible and went to church and such. Christianity just seems to far fetched for me. Now that doesn't mean I have given up on God cause I still believe there is a God but I'm not so sure He's the Catholic one.
Tom Hanks gives a wonderfully dull performance here as well as the rest of the cast. It seems like everyone knows that this movie was going to blow up so they wanted to make it very carefully. Does this make the movie boring? I didn't think so and I watched the 10:15 show after waking up at 6 in the morning going to work getting home taking my mom out to dinner then going to the movies. Now I have to be honest I did fall asleep during the middle part but after my sleepiness wore off I was fine. There was a guy next to my mom that was shouting and screaming so that helped. Oh by the way my mom liked the movie to and she's a Catholic through and through. So that didn't stop her from enjoying a "Movie".
Anyway Go see it or boycott it or miss it cause you think its boring but please do it cause its what you want to do and not because its what others want you to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home