Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6G9 the SIGN of the BEAST is the OMEN

Wonderful movie go see it!
Now that I got that out of the way lets get to the juicier stuff like seeing this movie on the sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year of the 21st century.
I know that most people just shun this off as some silly ranting of extremists and truth be told I believe that is what saved us...for the most part.
See "the Devil" works off negative energy and I am sure this day gave him quite a boost. But it was all those people that didn't believe that this day was so bad that saved us.
OK enough conspiracy theories let get back to why this was such a wonderful movie.
To try and compare this to the original was quite a task. Gregory Peck and Lee Remick were stunning in the roles as Mr. and Mrs. Thorn so I knew that the leads had a very tough battle ahead. But Liev Schreiber along with Julia Stiles really put in their all. Look you can't say that they did better or worst then Gregory or Lee cause that would not be fair to either group. What you can say is everyone gave wonderfully powerful performances. And what about Mia Farrow as the crazy nanny. With a nutjob like that watching over me I think I would end up as the anti-christ myself. So don't you fret none Damien it wasn't your fault that daddy and mommy tried to kill you. You were just being a kid. NOT!!!
Loved the character played by David Thewlis and in fact there is a bit of a story to that. I was asked what movie do you remember as a kid and why. I told the person asking that the first movie I remember as a kid was the Omen. And the scene that I remember the most was the scene where the photographer gets his head cut off. It had such an impact on me that I had a nervous fit in the theatre. I started freaking out yelling in the movie when my mom leans over and tells me not to worry that this is all fake and that the guy who just died is not dead at all, in fact he's walking around right now. Well I looked up at her and said "oh. OK" I then sat back down and watched the rest of the movie calm and collected.
You see in my mind that guy had died in front of me and I was witnessing hisdeath. That thought totally freaked me out. So when I was told by my mom that everything was good, well that was all I needed to know.
Isn't it weird what kids believe.
Well that's the same feeling I got here. This remake really didn't need to be remade but you know what, I'm glad it was. It brought back that memory and when David got his head cut off I was thrilled to death to know that he was fine and that somewhere in Hollywood he was walking around getting comments from friends and family about how great his character was.
DON'T GO SEE THIS MOVIE WITH SOME KIND OF LIST TO COMPARE IT TO THE ORIGINAL!
Just go see the movie and have a few "jump out of your seat and skin" moments and have fun.
Ad if you were lucky enough to see it on this day then feel lucky that it added a bit of positive energy to the fore front.
We could all use more Positive force nowadays.
Here's a couple of links I picked up while trying to copy Liev's name. Enjoy

6
6 6

Julia Stiles
Josh Hutcherson
Mia Farrow
David Thewlis
Pete Postlethwaite
Michael Gambon
Nikki Amuka-Bird
Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home