Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar Night at the Academy Awards...My List

As tonight approaches I wanted to list my list as well as what I think will win.
I won't go thru every category just the ones that you guys feel are the most important.
It will be S=Should as in what I want and W=Will or what I think will win.

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain, Capote, Crash, Good Night and Good Luck, Munich
S=Brokeback Mountain W=Brokeback Mountain
Even though this is the year with so many really truly fantastic films I really think Brokeback told a very unique and different story.

Director: Ang Lee-Brokeback Mountain, Bennett Miller-Capote, Paul Haggis-Crash, George Clooney-Good Night and Good Luck, Steven Spielberg-Munich
S=Ang Lee W=Ang Lee
He really does deserve this for crafting this beautiful story.

Actor in a Leading Role: Philip Seymour Hoffman-Capote, Terrence Howard-Hustle & Flow, Heath Ledger-Brokeback Mountain, Joaquin Phoenix-Walk the Line, David Strathairn-Good Night and Good Luck
S=Heath Ledger W=Philip Seymour Hoffman
This was the other category that was very difficult. Terrence was overwhelming as the pimp who wants a better life. Joaquin actually sang all his songs and really channeled Johnny Cash where I feel back in love with him, But Philip actually became Capote in what looked like a ghost coming back to life. If anyone deserves to take the Oscar away from Heath its him.

Actress in a Leading Role: Judi Dench-Mrs. Henderson Presents, Felicity Huffman-Transamerica, Keira Knightley-Pride & Prejudice, Charlize Theron-North Country, Reese Witherspoon-Walk the Line
S=Reese Witherspoon W=Felicity Huffman
Reese Sang all her song and also showed everyone the strength behind Johnny Cash as his loving wife June while Flicity became a man. Dam I still can't believe that was her.

Ok here's a run down of the rest.

Supporting Actor S=Jake Gyllenhaal-Brokeback Mountain (beautiful crying scene that alone he deserves this award) W=George Clooney-Syriana cause he has to take something home. As a side note Matt Dillion was amazing in Crash.

Supporting Actress: S=Michelle Williams W=Michelle Williams Dam you for getting this award and leaving the guys out. LOL

Everything else is up for grabs but I do wish that King Kong and Star Wars Gets something. They both deserve it and Batman Begins as well.

Well I'll see you tonight with the actual list.
Or rather tomorrow cause I'm going be out like a light when this monster ends. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home