Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's pick for fav movie

I wanted to post my choice for my fav movie this year for a Valentine's love of film.
First off let me give you my very short list of my top 5 in no particular order.

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith

King Kong

Brokeback Mountain

Crash

Transamerica

With Munich, Capote and Hostel as honorable mentions

And the winner goes to..............

Brokeback Mountain who reinvented the romantic drama into a bittersweet delight of stillness and heartwrenching power.

And I just saw this movie again with my mom and she was in total agreement with me.
BTW we went to this little arthouse in Sarasota Florida that if you blinked you would miss it.
But it was such a cute and enchanting experience that I had to mention it.
The name of the place was something like Biers Circle or something like that but if you go to Sarasota go to the Downtown area off of Ringling Blvd. and look for it.
You won't be sorry.
And if you are curious as who the runner-up is it was Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith who if Brokeback doesn't fulfill it's duties then must take over.

Well thank you for visiting me on this day of love to share with me my love of film.
What was your list? Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home