Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hostel Takeover

Let me give you a bit of advice...
Don't go see this movie with your elderly mother by your side.
It isn't a pretty sight.
Let me explain.
I just got back from visiting my mom on the west coast of Florida where my step father is very ill and is on his death bed.
My mom is up there alone and that is a frightening thought all on its own.
But one day to break the tension of visiting a dieing man in the hospital we decide to go catch a movie.
After viewing all the choices we finally pick Hostel.
I find out later that she thought it was Syriana with George Clooney.
I know what your thinking, this must have been a riot.
Well your almost there.
I did mention to her that it was a horror movie as we were buying the tickets and she did say that it was fine.
Guess I needed to be a bit more detailed in my info next time.
Anyway I'm sitting in the theatre and the stars of this wonderfully disgusting movie are going around Europe for that one last adventure before they fall into the daily grind of law school boredom.
As a part of this adventure they screw every horny chick they can bed and drink and smoke their brains out.
Lots of fun if I was watching the movie with my best bud Dean, a bit achward with your mom squirming and complaining about how vile these scenes are.
In the meantime I'm sinking deeper and deeper in my seat thinking this nightmare can't get any worst.
Well then the killings start and yes as you can imagine... it gets worst.
The scenes are very Quentin Tarantino and I felt very connected to the main characters.
Well by the end of the movie so did my mom and we were cheering for the bastards to get what they deserve.
All in all this is a matanee movie or a midnight madness escape.
Don't go run out to see it especially if your waisting time with your mom.
But go out and see it cause there are plenty of scenes that will have you jumping and wincing and holding down that nasty hotdog you chowed down at the start of this gore fest.
Either way have fun and save a moment to call your mom and tell her you love her.
Cause you never know when you'll be visiting a Hostel and end up like some of the guys and girls here.

http://www.hostelfilm.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home