Tuesday, December 27, 2005

No Fun With Dick and Jane

Well its official my first Blockbuster movie.
It was almost a sneak in for free but it did have a few moments of happy happy joy joy.
Let me start by saying I like both Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni and Thats probably why its a blockbuster.
So why should you Run Dick Run See Jane Run and See the Audience Run from this movie?
Well its just not funny.
I found myself laughing far too little then I should have.
Especially with Jim in the corner.
I really love that guys humor and I felt ripped off.
Where's my 9 bucks back dude!
Anyway I should've been rolling in the aisle like in 40 Year Old Virgin but instead I was thinking what is going on.
The premise was very predictable so you had to find other ways to entertain.
That was the director's fault as well as the writers.
But unfortunately its the stars that get all the heat.
I guess you can't take a master like Jim Carrey and give him a terrible script and watch him reinvent it anymore.
He was the master at that.
So now we are stuck with the serious actor who every now and then tries to go back to his roots.
Sorry but This Moviegoer will wait to see what the other critics say before plopping down his hard earned cash again.
Everyone dropped the ball on this but I still say its a blockbuster only cause it still has some redeeming qualities.
So go Run to the local blockbuster when this puppy comes out and I'm sure you will find those qualities I was talking about.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/funwithdickandjane/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home