Thursday, December 15, 2005

Capote walks down the right path




Philip Seymour Hoffman takes the helm of this bio-pic drawn on a very complicated individual and comes out as creepy and cool as his namesake.
Capote was such a freakishly good movie and Phil did what needed to be done to pull it off.
Here you see Capote working on his new book In Cold Blood and how he lies and cheats to get the story he wants.
Poor little Perry only wanted to be liked in everything, and Capote knew how to work that boy good.
I really liked how Philip uses his obvious talents to capture all of Capotes little nuances and I really thought I was watching the real thing.
Clifton did a terrific job as Perry Smith and the chemistry between these two guys was very thick.
I must admit though that I know little about Capote but I feel like I know him now and that I met him somehow.
Now will he be Nominated for an Oscar is another thing.
I for one would like to see that.
He deserves that much.
I guess only time will tell.
So what do I rate this one.... I would say its worth the price of a matinee only because this can be seen on the tv set and you'll get the same feel as in a theatre.
So if you haven't seen it yet what are you waiting for.
Go see Philip earn his Oscar.
http://www.sonyclassics.com/capote/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home